Treatment with Invisalign clear aligners by Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics delivers straight teeth and healthy smiles to patients in Paramus NJ. Invisalign has become a more popular alternative to traditional metal braces. Because they are made of a clear thermoplastic, the Invisalign trays are nearly invisible. They can be stained, however, and must be cleaned conscientiously to continue to be discreet and effective for the wearer. Well-maintained aligner trays promote cleaner teeth and help retard bad breath odors.
Keep it Clean
- Keep your aligners odor-free, hygienic, and clear with the Invisalign Aligner Cleaning System (www.invisalignstore.com). Special cleaning crystals remove plaque from your Invisalign aligners in about 15 minutes.
- A regular toothbrush and toothpaste are acceptable and affordable alternatives to clean Invisalign trays. It’s best to use a regular toothpaste; many whitening toothpastes are too abrasive and can dull or scratch the clear plastic tray. Keep your teeth clean too by brushing and flossing while cleaning your aligners.
- Denture cleaning solutions are another way to keep the Invisalign clear aligner trays clean. Many come in tablet form that dissolve in water, forming a bubbly solution that will clear your aligners of any plaque and leave them smelling fresh and clean.
- Ultrasonic cleaner appliances are available at retail stores that can help keep the Invisalign trays clear of any debris, and they work gently and effectively. Most cost less than $50.
- White vinegar is a time-honored cleaning solution and can be effective in cleaning and deodorizing the Invisalign trays.
- Hydrogen peroxide mixed with a little water is good in a pinch. This will kill any bacteria and keep the trays clear.
Treatment results are dependent on conscientious oral health care practices, like keeping the Invisalign clear aligner trays clean. Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics help their patients in Paramus NJ keep their treatment with Invisalign clear aligners clean and convenient. If you’ve been considering orthodontic treatment with Invisalign, call: (201) 845-8411.
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in Invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Paramus, NJ, Saddle Brook NJ, Rutherford NJ, Passaic NJ, Bergen County NJ or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Milestone, contact Milestone Orthodontics at: (201) 845-8411.