Dr. Mathew Milestone of Milestone Orthodontics was one of the first Elite Invisalign Preferred Providers in the Paramus, NJ area. Dr. Milestone is thrilled to be able to offer cutting-edge treatment options and customized treatment plans with Invisalign in the Paramus, NJ area.
What is an Elite Invisalign Preferred Provider?
Being an Elite Invisalign Preferred Provider indicates an extremely high level of experience treating patients with Invisalign and Invisalign Teen. As an Elite Preferred Provider, Dr. Milestone has treated at least 300 cases and treats 50 new cases every 6 months. It’s important to know that not only was he one of the first Elite Invisalign Provider in the area, he was also the first in the region to use the iTero digital scanning system as well as one of the first to offer Invisalign Teen. Only about 1% of orthodontist around the world receives the distinction of being an Elite Invisalign Preferred Provider.
What else does Milestone Orthodontics offer?
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are not only expert Invisalign providers. They also provide a number of other orthodontic treatments, including:
- All types of braces
- Braces for adults
- Early intervention treatment
- Orthognathic surgery
- Headache and migraine relief with the Trudenta system
From Invisalign treatment to braces for adults, Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics has you covered! So make sure to contact Milestone Orthodontics in Paramus, NJ to get started on the smiled you've always dreamed of.
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in Invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Paramus, NJ, Saddle Brook, NJ, Rutherford, NJ, Passaic, NJ, Bergen County, NJ or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Milestone contact Milestone Orthodontics at: 201-845-8411
Invisalign is rapidly becoming the most requested orthodontic treatment near Union, NJ. Invisalign is a clear, virtually invisible thermoplastic aligner system that gives the wearer the ability to remove the appliance when eating, brushing, or flossing. Dr. Matthew Milestone of Milestone Orthodontics is experienced and knowledgeable in providing orthodontic treatment with Invisalign near Union, NJ.
Invisalign is a series of clear plastic aligners that are created by your orthodontist to gradually move your teeth into their correct position in your mouth. Using 3-D technology, Dr. Milestone is able to prescribe a treatment plan and even preview with you the results at the end of treatment.
Four Benefits of Invisalign
1. Virtually Invisible
Because Invisalign is made out of a thermoplastic material, it is almost invisible. You will be the only one who knows that you have something in your mouth that is adjusting your teeth and improving your smile. Invisalign has no metal brackets or wires that may irritate the wearer’s mouth.
2. Completely Removable
Traditional metal braces are attached to the surfaces of the teeth securely until the course of treatment is complete. Invisalign is completely removable and can be taken out for convenient cleaning, brushing, and flossing. There are no restrictions on your diet as there may be with traditional braces.
Patients with traditional metal braces are recommended to avoid foods that are extremely sticky or hard. Patients with Invisalign clear aligners, however, do not have to change their diet because Invisalign aligners are removed by the wearer every time they eat. It is also easier then to brush your teeth and keep your mouth fresh and clean with Invisalign. Dr. Milestone recommends that Invisalign aligners be worn consistently and only taken out for meals, brushing, and flossing.
3. Fast Treatment Time
Patients with Invisalign usually experience a shorter orthodontic treatment time than those with traditional metal braces. Each treatment plan depends on the individual patient and how much work they need to have done. Most patients with Invisalign wear it for a year or a year and a half, while patients with traditional braces typically have them on for a year-and-a-half or two years.
Invisalign patients report less discomfort than with traditional metal braces, because there are no metal wires and brackets to break and irritate the inside of your mouth. Dr. Milestone says any discomfort patients experience with Invisalign is when aligners are changed out every two weeks. Typically this disappears within the first 12 hours after changing sets.
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics in the Union, NJ area can help you achieve the results you seek with your very own, customized Invisalign treatment plan. They’ll help you get the straight, confident smile you’ve always hoped for. For more information or to schedule an initial consultation, contact Milestone Orthodontics today!
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in Invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in West Orange, NJ, Union, NJ, Verona, NJ, Nutley, NJ, Essex County, NJ, or the 07083 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Milestone contact Milestone Orthodontics at: 973-325-1777
You've taken the first step in talking with Dr. Milestone and have selected treatment with Invisalign in the Verona, NJ area in the Verona, NJ area with Milestone Orthodontics. It's important that you understand the best methods to clean your Invisalign aligners.
At Milestone Orthodontics which serves Verona, NJ and surrounding areas, we recommend wearing your Invisalign approximately 22 hours a day. The aligners are typically removed when you eat so this is the perfect time to clean them.
How Do I Clean My Invisalign Aligners?
The pros at Milestone Orthodontics have some tips to help you clean your Invisalign clear aligner trays:
- One method is to use the Invisalign cleaning system that we sell here at Milestone Orthodontics. This system is designed by Invisalign and helps remove plaque within 15 minutes and keeps your aligners odor-free, hygienic and clear.
- Another method of keeping your aligners clean is to purchase a denture cleaning product. While you eat, you can soak one aligner per one tablet of denture cleaning. At Milestone Orthodontics, we suggest leaving the aligner in the cleaning product for approximately one hour. This can be done up to twice a day.
- A third method of keeping your Invisalign trays clean is to use a baking soda product. It is suggested that you dissolve 1 tablespoon of baking soda in 1/2 Cup of water. Soak your trays in the baking soda water for about an hour. This method can be done twice a day.
- Another cleaning method is to brush your aligners with a toothbrush and toothpaste. This will help keep them clean of particles as well as smelling fresh.
At Milestone Orthodontics, we want to help you keep your aligners clean while straightening your teeth. If you have any questions regarding your Invisalign care, the staff in the Verona, NJ area is here to assist you. Always remember to rinse before putting your aligners back on and keep on smiling! For more information, or to schedule a consultation, contact Milestone Orthodontics today!
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in Invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Verona, NJ, West Orange, NJ, Union, NJ, Nutley, NJ, Essex County, NJ, or the 07044 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Milestone contact Milestone Orthodontics at: 973-325-1777
Milestone Orthodontics has recently put on your shiny new braces in Essex County, NJ. Congratulations! You're one your way to brand new smile. Keeping your teeth clean is more important than ever now that you have braces. Dr. Milestone says food bits have more spots than usual to hide in your mouth, so you must be diligent in order to avoid bad breath, swollen gums, discolored teeth and cavities. If you remove plaque regularly during treatment, you’ll experience better results and shorter treatment time.
Tips for taking care of your braces
The team at Milestone Orthodontics understands how important it is to take great care of your teeth now that you have braces. Here are some helpful tips to ensure good oral hygiene during your treatment with braces:
- One tooth at a time! When you brush, take time with each individual tooth – at least 10 seconds each – and pay careful attention to the spots where your teeth touch your braces.
- It’s all about the angles! Brush the tops of your teeth and braces with your brush angled down toward where they meet. Brush the bottoms of your teeth and braces with your brush angled up.
- The tooth, the whole tooth, nothing but the tooth! While the front surface of your teeth may seem like the most logical to clean, it’s equally important to clean the inner surface of your teeth (tongue side) as well as the chewing surface. And be sure to clean along your gum line – a key spot for plaque buildup.
- Step 1: eat, step 2: clean! While you’re in treatment at Milestone Orthodontics, it’s important to brush after every meal. Bits of food can easily get caught between braces and teeth, and these food bits interact with bacteria in your mouth to cause decay. The longer food is in contact with your teeth, the greater opportunity for plaque to form. If you are eating somewhere that you can’t brush, thoroughly rinse your mouth with water.
- Always be prepared! The easiest way to be sure you can brush after every meal is to get in the habit of taking a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss with you wherever you go. Designate a special container just for your teeth-cleaning tools and keep it in your purse, backpack, or laptop case.
- Remove the moving parts! If you have elastic bands or headgear, remove these parts before you brush or floss.
- Fluoride is your friend with or without braces! Fluoride helps prevent cavities. Be sure to brush with fluoride toothpaste, and rinse with fluoride mouthwash.
- Pointy brushes reach tiny places! Interproximal brushes (sometimes called proxy brushes or interdental brushes) are cone-shaped and come in very handy for reaching spots around your braces that standard brushes can’t.
- Find the floss for you! Regular floss works for some patients, but others find it easier to work with a floss threader, which helps you get the floss into tight places. Other patients like an all-in-one product called Superfloss, which comes with a stiff end for easy threading, a spongy section for cleaning wide spaces, and regular floss for narrow spaces.
- Make time for the pros! It’s your job to take care of the everyday cleaning. But make sure to visit your orthodontist and dentist regularly while in treatment, to get the deep, thorough cleaning that only a professional can provide.
We hope this helps, and remember to give Dr. Milestone a call at our Essex County office if you have any questions, concerns or would like to schedule an appointment. Contact Milestone Orthodontics today!
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in braces. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in West Orange, NJ, Union NJ, Verona NJ, Nutley NJ, Essex County, NJ, or the 07052 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Milestone contact Milestone Orthodontics at: 973-325-1777
Dr. Milestone and the professionals at Milestone Orthodontics know that Invisalign clear aligners in the Ridgewood, NJ area are an effective and convenient alternative to traditional metal braces. They have the knowledge and experience to answer their patient’s questions about Invisalign, including if treatment with Invisalign is an option for them.
Invisalign clear aligners are indicated in the treatment of:
- Gapped Teeth: Gapped teeth can occur because of abnormal growth in the jawbone or when existing teeth spread and move to fill the space where a tooth or teeth are missing. Invisalign clear aligners are an effective treatment for positioning gapped teeth into a more functional and attractive position within the mouth.
- Overbite: An overbite (or medically, an “overjet”) is when the upper row of teeth extends out an angle and lie in front of the lower row of teeth when the patient’s mouth is closed. An overbite can cause pain in the jaw or even gum disease. Treatment with Invisalign can correct the overbite and position the teeth more naturally.
- Underbite: Underbites are the opposite of overbites. Underbites occur when the upper row of teeth bites behind the lower row of teeth. Usually, underbites are caused by an overgrown lower jaw or an underdeveloped upper jaw. Invisalign effectively corrects this misalignment.
- Open Bite: Open bites occur when the upper row of teeth and the lower row of teeth do not meet in the middle of your smile. This can be caused by a misaligned or abnormal jaw or by thumb sucking. In most patients with an open bite, there is an impairment, and possible pain, with eating and speech. With Invisalign, there is often less pain during treatment compared to other orthodontic treatment options.
- Overcrowded: When all the teeth cannot fit into the mouth in correct position. While not typically painful, overcrowded teeth can lead to an accumulation of food, plaque, and tartar, which may lead to tooth decay or gum disease.
- Crossbite: Crossbite occurs when both the upper and the lower rows of teeth are misaligned in relation to each other. Crossbite can cause abnormal wear on the teeth and lead to bone loss or gum disease.
Invisalign clear aligners can treat many patients with unique orthodontic problems from overbites or underbites to overcrowded teeth. Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in orthodontic treatment with Invisalign in the Ridgewood, NJ area. For more information or to make an appointment for a consultation, contact Milestone Orthodontics today at: 201.845.8411
One of the main concerns of many patients of Passaic, NJ orthodontist, Dr. Milestone, is how to avoid having bad breath while wearing braces. The staff at Milestone Orthodontics stresses the importance of how good oral hygiene practices are an important part of your orthodontic treatment. However, braces can make brushing more difficult because food particles can stick to the brackets, wires make it hard to floss in between the teeth, and plaque can build up on the surface of the teeth. Keeping your teeth healthy and clean during your course of orthodontic treatment will help them settle into their new positions faster and easier.
Brushing Your Teeth
This is a major part of good oral hygiene and keeping bad breath at bay. To effectively clean your teeth, mouth, and braces, first rinse your mouth out with water to dislodge any food in and around the braces. Dr. Milestone says that when you then start brushing, use a fluoride toothpaste and brush the gumline at a 45-degree angle. Then, angle the brush downwards and cover the tops of each bracket, and angle it up to brush the bottoms of the brackets. Be sure to brush every tooth at the gumline, as well as above and below the brackets, and the tops and backs of the teeth. This will ensure that you’ve reached the maximum area of your teeth’s surfaces and will remove any plaque or food remnants. Milestone Orthodontics recommends that even if your child has been brushing on their own, they may need help with brushing until they’re comfortable with this new routine.
Flossing Your Teeth
Another good oral hygiene habit is flossing your teeth. The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) avers that flossing is just as critical to good oral hygiene as brushing. Although the archwire running through your brackets makes this difficult, there are several methods that will help you. Dr. Milestone says that one popular tool used for flossing is a floss pick. These are two-pronged and are small enough to fit under the wires to hold a section of floss between them. The opposite end has a pick that is useful to clean brackets or between teeth. Floss picks are available for both children and adults, and can be either reusable or single-use. Another tool commonly used is a floss threader; a thin piece of plastic with a loop at the end to hold the floss.
Use a Fluoride Rinse
Another step that you can take, is to use a fluoride rinse that will clean out any remaining food particles and will also help to prevent bad breath. Swish the solution around in your mouth for thirty seconds and then spit it out into the sink. Try to refrain from eating for thirty minutes after rinsing just to make sure that your teeth remain clean.
By following Dr. Milestone’s tips, you will be able to maintain good oral hygiene and possibly speed up your treatment time. If you have any questions, give the Milestone Orthodontics team a call at 201.845.8411. They all have the knowledge to help you take care of your teeth and braces. If you’re looking for an experienced orthodontic team that will take every step to make sure that your treatment experience with braces in the Passaic, NJ area is as comfortable as possible, then contact Milestone Orthodontics today!
Everyone wants to have a picture-perfect smile. The problem is knowing if and when you need to go to an orthodontist to help you achieve your goal. Orthodontic treatment may be considered an adolescent endeavor best undertaken early in life, but that is more of a perception than it is a reality. More than 20 percent of people in America being treated for orthodontic issues are actually adults. Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics near Caldwell, NJ treat their adult patients successfully with a variety of adult braces treatment approaches.
Orthodontic treatments not only improve your smile cosmetically, it also improves your overall dental health. Many people don’t realize this or they think orthodontics is simply for cosmetic purposes. Adult braces treatments with Dr. Milestone can improve your oral health and brighten your smile.
Do I need to see an orthodontist?
To help you get straight teeth and a healthy mouth, here are some tips from Dr. Milestone for knowing if and when you need an orthodontist near Caldwell, NJ.
One indicator that you need adult braces is if you have a “malocclusion”, or something is affecting the alignment of your teeth. Orthodontists specialize in the alignment of teeth, and you need one if you want to straighten your teeth. Misalignment of teeth can come in many shapes and forms including gaping teeth, misaligned jaws, overcrowding, and more. Other than your teeth not being “ready for their close-up,” these issues could also be causing more serious health problems. Misaligned teeth affect your overall oral hygiene and health by making regular brushing and flossing more difficult. They also may be causing tooth decay or gum disease.
Another indicator that you might need adult braces is if you are experiencing pain in your mouth. Many times, painful orthodontic issues can be fixed by your orthodontist by using traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners, a retainer, or some other orthodontic technique. If you are an orthodontic patient, or if you are a candidate for treatment, and you are experiencing pain of any degree, Dr. Milestone says that you should see an orthodontist as soon as possible so the problem can be addressed and your pain can be relieved.
Listen to Your Dentist
If your dentist suggests you consult an orthodontist, take his or her advice. Dentists are usually the first ones to spot any problem areas in or around your teeth and mouth. While a dentist may notice these issues first, an orthodontist is needed to treat and correct the problem. Orthodontists are specialists in the alignment of teeth and are qualified more to fix any misalignment issues than dentists are.
Schedule an Assessment
Say you just want to check out how healthy your teeth and mouth are. It is never too soon or too late to schedule your first visit with Dr. Milestone and assess how your teeth are growing in or have grown in, if orthodontics is something to consider now or in the future, or if any other serious orthodontic problems might benefit from an early intervention.
Whether you are considering cosmetic orthodontics, or if you are looking into orthodontic treatment with adult braces near Caldwell, NJ for better oral health, Dr. Milestone will improve and correct your smile at Milestone Orthodontics. To find out if you are a candidate for orthodontic treatment, to ask any questions, or to contact Milestone Orthodontics near Caldwell, NJ, call: 973.325.1777
Most of us are not born with that red-carpet-ready celebrity smile. In fact, most well-known celebrities are not born with their red-carpet smiles either. However, that fantastic smile is now within reach near Nutley, NJ with the help of Dr. Matthew Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics.
Invisalign clear aligners
Adults are often reluctant to wear braces as a method of orthodontic treatment. Dr. Milestone can prescribe treatment with Invisalign clear aligners. Invisalign is virtually invisible, are removable by the wearer, and causes less irritation for the wearer than traditional methods for straightening teeth.
What can Invisalign do for me?
Invisalign is the clear alternative to braces that can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted. The Invisalign treatment option is available for anyone who is a candidate for traditional braces and can be used to treat all types of orthodontic issues. However, before you decide on a treatment plan with Invisalign, it is important to contact an orthodontist near Nutley, NJ and ask their team these important questions:
1. Are you certified by Invisalign?
2. How long have you been using Invisalign to treat your patients?
3. Do you prefer to use Invisalign or braces in my or my child’s case?
4. Do you use the latest advancements in technology (like Invisalign) to obtain the best results?
5. Do you have before-and-after pictures of your patients who have used Invisalign?
The Invisalign system, using a 3D computer imaging system, creates precise scans of your bite. The Milestone Orthodontics team will then use those scans to design your personal Invisalign aligners for each step as your treatment progresses.
Invisalign versus Braces.
Dr. Milestone has extensive experience using Invisalign clear aligners to straighten patient's teeth, and the team at Milestone Orthodontics find that treatment with Invisalign is typically as effective as regular braces. There are differences between treatment with braces and treatment with Invisalign, and each has their unique benefits.
• Invisalign clear aligners are comfortable to wear and nearly invisible.
• Braces are indicated most often for the most serious orthodontic issues.
• Invisalign clear aligners are removable for easier eating and cleaning.
• Braces cannot be removed, and thereby lost, by the wearer.
The team at Milestone Orthodontics can help you get started using Invisalign today. They have all the information you’re looking for to determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option for you or your child. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about Dr. Milestone and the team, call us today at: (201) 845-8411.
Options for orthodontic treatment used to be limited to traditional metal braces. New advances in orthodontic technology, however, have successfully created alternatives to metal braces that are becoming more popular among patients. Dr. Matthew Milestone of Milestone Orthodontics is a leading orthodontic health care provider near Rutherford, NJ and can help you determine which orthodontic treatment with braces options are most appropriate for you, your needs, and your treatment goals.
What are the Different Types of Braces?
Traditional Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces are indicated in the treatment of almost all oral misalignments. Traditional braces are made of metal brackets and archwires that are affixed to the front surfaces of the teeth. Traditional metal braces can be customized to include colored bands, and some brands have found ways to slim down their bulky appearance. The cost of treatment with traditional metal braces is comparable to other orthodontic treatment approaches.
Ceramic braces are similar to traditional metal braces in that they both attach to the front surfaces of the teeth. They are, however, made from ceramic and not metal. Ceramic braces are less noticeable than metal; they are made to blend in with the color of the patient’s teeth. Ceramic braces, like traditional metal braces, are worn for a prescribed period of time, and this time varies with each case.
Invisalign braces are sets of clear plastic tray aligners that are an alternative to more obvious metal or ceramic braces. Comfortable to wear due to their sleek material, they are comparable in cost and treatment time to other alternatives.
Invisalign aligners are removable by the wearer, and that makes eating and brushing much easier. The popularity of Invisalign clear aligners near Rutherford, NJ has increased over time.
The Milestone Orthodontics team offer the most advanced and professional orthodontic treatment near Rutherford, NJ. Dr. Milestone treats his patients with the most appropriate approach for them; traditional metal braces, ceramic braces, and Invisalign clear aligners. Each treatment has their own benefits and advantages.
To learn more about which option for orthodontic treatment best suits you, contact Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics at: (201) 845-8411.
Can my general dentist provide me with orthodontic care? The easy answer is “Yes, a general dentist CAN offer a patient this treatment.” If a dentist can align and straighten a patient’s teeth with braces as well as an average orthodontist, then they are qualified to provide orthodontic treatment. Dr. Matthew Milestone of Milestone Orthodontics near Verona, NJ is a dentist that is certified to provide orthodontic treatment.
Not every general dentist will offer a patient orthodontic treatment. Most general dentists refer their orthodontic cases to an orthodontist. Dr. Milestone says that some dentists do root canals and some work with braces. Others refer all of their patients that require root canals or braces to another specialist.
If a dentist intends to provide orthodontic treatment at Milestone Orthodontics, they do need to meet a certain standard of care. Orthodontists receive an extra two-to-three years beyond dental school of specialized training in orthodontics. To be comparable, a general dentist would need more training and a higher level of experience. According to the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), hundreds of orthodontic procedures are carried out by general dentists each year and that restorative care can be much more complex than just orthodontics.
A common misperception is that orthodontists charge more for orthodontic treatment than dentists, but in reality the cost of orthodontics is based on the complexity of treatment. There can be dangers associated with receiving treatment from a general dentist not certified in orthodontics. Some dentists pay for membership to societies such as the “International Association of Orthodontics,” where members are not really orthodontists and are not defined by their training but by what they can do.
If you’re looking for a certified dentist near Verona, NJ that can give you the healthy, straight smile that you deserve, then consider Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics. To schedule a consultation, please contact us at our office at: (973) 325-1777..