The team at Milestone Orthodontics is here to announce that June is National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month! Dr. Milestone and the rest of our team are dedicated to helping those in need of headache and migraine relief that, with the proper help, you can “rule your headache”.
How Can We Help?
At Milestone Orthodontics, we promote migraine and headache awareness every day. We know that multitudes of people worldwide suffer from chronic headaches and migraines, and pain-killer after pain-killer isn’t helping. That’s why our team is thoroughly invested in drug-free, long-lasting headache and migraine treatment that you can depend on.
If you experience one or more of the following, the pros at Milestone Orthodontics can help:
- One or more chronic headaches a week
- Two or more missed days of work a month due to headaches
- Pain in your jaw, face, neck, shoulders, and arms for longer than a year
- Ringing or fullness in your ears
Join the Movement!
In honor of National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month, our team at Milestone Orthodontics would like to invite you to join the movement. If you’re ready to take the first step toward real, long-lasting migraine and headache relief, we’re here to help. To find out more about our headache relief program or National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month, or to schedule your initial consultation, don’t hesitate to contact Milestone Orthodontics today!
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in headache and migraine treatment. If you have any questions pertaining to migraine or headache relief in West Orange, NJ, Union NJ, Verona NJ, Nutley NJ, Essex County, NJ or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Milestone contact Milestone Orthodontics at: 973-325-1777
What Can I Eat With Invisalign?
Since your Invisalign clear aligner trays are completely removable for eating, brushing, and flossing, you don't have to worry so much about the foods you eat. With other treatments, orthodontists often recommend avoiding very hard foods that could break your appliances. But since you remove your Invisalign aligner trays for eating, you don't have to worry about breaking anything.
Are There Foods I Should Avoid?
Whether you have Invisalign, traditional metal braces, or another form of treatment, there are still a few foods that are not friends of your teeth. Dr. Milestone recoemmends limiting any intake of foods like:
- Sour candies: These have a lot of acid. And the acids in sour candies wear down the enamel on your teeth. Without the enamel coating, your teeth can be brittle in addition to exposing some nerves. Milestone Orthodontics highly recommends brushing, or at a minimum, rinsing your teeth with a fluoride mouthwash after eating sour candies to get under your braces where there is sugar.
- Hard candies: These take longer to dissolve, so, it’s like bathing your teeth in sugar and acid. The sugar stays in your mouth longer, and the longer the sugar is in your mouth, the more vulnerable your teeth are to cavities. Milestone Orthodontics encourages brace and Invisalign wearing patients to brush and/or rinse.
- Sticky, chewy candies: These are not the best of friends with braces and teeth. Candies that include taffies, caramels, and peanut butter or are nut-filled leave a sticky residue on your teeth and gums. These candies act like an adhesive for bacteria which leads to tooth decay. Again, brushing is best.
If you want to be able to maintain your eating, brushing, and flossing habits during orthodontic treatment, then Invisalign may be for you! For more information about treatment with Invisalign, or to schedule your initial consultation, don't hesitate to contact Milestone Orthodontics today!
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in Invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in West Orange, NJ, Union NJ, Verona NJ, Nutley NJ, Essex County, NJ, or the 07044 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Milestone contact Milestone Orthodontics at: 973-325-1777
Dr. Mathew Milestone of Milestone Orthodontics was one of the first Elite Invisalign Preferred Providers in the Paramus, NJ area. Dr. Milestone is thrilled to be able to offer cutting-edge treatment options and customized treatment plans with Invisalign in the Paramus, NJ area.
What is an Elite Invisalign Preferred Provider?
Being an Elite Invisalign Preferred Provider indicates an extremely high level of experience treating patients with Invisalign and Invisalign Teen. As an Elite Preferred Provider, Dr. Milestone has treated at least 300 cases and treats 50 new cases every 6 months. It’s important to know that not only was he one of the first Elite Invisalign Provider in the area, he was also the first in the region to use the iTero digital scanning system as well as one of the first to offer Invisalign Teen. Only about 1% of orthodontist around the world receives the distinction of being an Elite Invisalign Preferred Provider.
What else does Milestone Orthodontics offer?
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are not only expert Invisalign providers. They also provide a number of other orthodontic treatments, including:
- All types of braces
- Braces for adults
- Early intervention treatment
- Orthognathic surgery
- Headache and migraine relief with the Trudenta system
From Invisalign treatment to braces for adults, Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics has you covered! So make sure to contact Milestone Orthodontics in Paramus, NJ to get started on the smiled you've always dreamed of.
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in Invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Paramus, NJ, Saddle Brook, NJ, Rutherford, NJ, Passaic, NJ, Bergen County, NJ or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Milestone contact Milestone Orthodontics at: 201-845-8411
Invisalign is rapidly becoming the most requested orthodontic treatment near Union, NJ. Invisalign is a clear, virtually invisible thermoplastic aligner system that gives the wearer the ability to remove the appliance when eating, brushing, or flossing. Dr. Matthew Milestone of Milestone Orthodontics is experienced and knowledgeable in providing orthodontic treatment with Invisalign near Union, NJ.
Invisalign is a series of clear plastic aligners that are created by your orthodontist to gradually move your teeth into their correct position in your mouth. Using 3-D technology, Dr. Milestone is able to prescribe a treatment plan and even preview with you the results at the end of treatment.
Four Benefits of Invisalign
1. Virtually Invisible
Because Invisalign is made out of a thermoplastic material, it is almost invisible. You will be the only one who knows that you have something in your mouth that is adjusting your teeth and improving your smile. Invisalign has no metal brackets or wires that may irritate the wearer’s mouth.
2. Completely Removable
Traditional metal braces are attached to the surfaces of the teeth securely until the course of treatment is complete. Invisalign is completely removable and can be taken out for convenient cleaning, brushing, and flossing. There are no restrictions on your diet as there may be with traditional braces.
Patients with traditional metal braces are recommended to avoid foods that are extremely sticky or hard. Patients with Invisalign clear aligners, however, do not have to change their diet because Invisalign aligners are removed by the wearer every time they eat. It is also easier then to brush your teeth and keep your mouth fresh and clean with Invisalign. Dr. Milestone recommends that Invisalign aligners be worn consistently and only taken out for meals, brushing, and flossing.
3. Fast Treatment Time
Patients with Invisalign usually experience a shorter orthodontic treatment time than those with traditional metal braces. Each treatment plan depends on the individual patient and how much work they need to have done. Most patients with Invisalign wear it for a year or a year and a half, while patients with traditional braces typically have them on for a year-and-a-half or two years.
Invisalign patients report less discomfort than with traditional metal braces, because there are no metal wires and brackets to break and irritate the inside of your mouth. Dr. Milestone says any discomfort patients experience with Invisalign is when aligners are changed out every two weeks. Typically this disappears within the first 12 hours after changing sets.
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics in the Union, NJ area can help you achieve the results you seek with your very own, customized Invisalign treatment plan. They’ll help you get the straight, confident smile you’ve always hoped for. For more information or to schedule an initial consultation, contact Milestone Orthodontics today!
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in Invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in West Orange, NJ, Union, NJ, Verona, NJ, Nutley, NJ, Essex County, NJ, or the 07083 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Milestone contact Milestone Orthodontics at: 973-325-1777
You've taken the first step in talking with Dr. Milestone and have selected treatment with Invisalign in the Verona, NJ area in the Verona, NJ area with Milestone Orthodontics. It's important that you understand the best methods to clean your Invisalign aligners.
At Milestone Orthodontics which serves Verona, NJ and surrounding areas, we recommend wearing your Invisalign approximately 22 hours a day. The aligners are typically removed when you eat so this is the perfect time to clean them.
How Do I Clean My Invisalign Aligners?
The pros at Milestone Orthodontics have some tips to help you clean your Invisalign clear aligner trays:
- One method is to use the Invisalign cleaning system that we sell here at Milestone Orthodontics. This system is designed by Invisalign and helps remove plaque within 15 minutes and keeps your aligners odor-free, hygienic and clear.
- Another method of keeping your aligners clean is to purchase a denture cleaning product. While you eat, you can soak one aligner per one tablet of denture cleaning. At Milestone Orthodontics, we suggest leaving the aligner in the cleaning product for approximately one hour. This can be done up to twice a day.
- A third method of keeping your Invisalign trays clean is to use a baking soda product. It is suggested that you dissolve 1 tablespoon of baking soda in 1/2 Cup of water. Soak your trays in the baking soda water for about an hour. This method can be done twice a day.
- Another cleaning method is to brush your aligners with a toothbrush and toothpaste. This will help keep them clean of particles as well as smelling fresh.
At Milestone Orthodontics, we want to help you keep your aligners clean while straightening your teeth. If you have any questions regarding your Invisalign care, the staff in the Verona, NJ area is here to assist you. Always remember to rinse before putting your aligners back on and keep on smiling! For more information, or to schedule a consultation, contact Milestone Orthodontics today!
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in Invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Verona, NJ, West Orange, NJ, Union, NJ, Nutley, NJ, Essex County, NJ, or the 07044 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Milestone contact Milestone Orthodontics at: 973-325-1777
Milestone Orthodontics has recently put on your shiny new braces in Essex County, NJ. Congratulations! You're one your way to brand new smile. Keeping your teeth clean is more important than ever now that you have braces. Dr. Milestone says food bits have more spots than usual to hide in your mouth, so you must be diligent in order to avoid bad breath, swollen gums, discolored teeth and cavities. If you remove plaque regularly during treatment, you’ll experience better results and shorter treatment time.
Tips for taking care of your braces
The team at Milestone Orthodontics understands how important it is to take great care of your teeth now that you have braces. Here are some helpful tips to ensure good oral hygiene during your treatment with braces:
- One tooth at a time! When you brush, take time with each individual tooth – at least 10 seconds each – and pay careful attention to the spots where your teeth touch your braces.
- It’s all about the angles! Brush the tops of your teeth and braces with your brush angled down toward where they meet. Brush the bottoms of your teeth and braces with your brush angled up.
- The tooth, the whole tooth, nothing but the tooth! While the front surface of your teeth may seem like the most logical to clean, it’s equally important to clean the inner surface of your teeth (tongue side) as well as the chewing surface. And be sure to clean along your gum line – a key spot for plaque buildup.
- Step 1: eat, step 2: clean! While you’re in treatment at Milestone Orthodontics, it’s important to brush after every meal. Bits of food can easily get caught between braces and teeth, and these food bits interact with bacteria in your mouth to cause decay. The longer food is in contact with your teeth, the greater opportunity for plaque to form. If you are eating somewhere that you can’t brush, thoroughly rinse your mouth with water.
- Always be prepared! The easiest way to be sure you can brush after every meal is to get in the habit of taking a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss with you wherever you go. Designate a special container just for your teeth-cleaning tools and keep it in your purse, backpack, or laptop case.
- Remove the moving parts! If you have elastic bands or headgear, remove these parts before you brush or floss.
- Fluoride is your friend with or without braces! Fluoride helps prevent cavities. Be sure to brush with fluoride toothpaste, and rinse with fluoride mouthwash.
- Pointy brushes reach tiny places! Interproximal brushes (sometimes called proxy brushes or interdental brushes) are cone-shaped and come in very handy for reaching spots around your braces that standard brushes can’t.
- Find the floss for you! Regular floss works for some patients, but others find it easier to work with a floss threader, which helps you get the floss into tight places. Other patients like an all-in-one product called Superfloss, which comes with a stiff end for easy threading, a spongy section for cleaning wide spaces, and regular floss for narrow spaces.
- Make time for the pros! It’s your job to take care of the everyday cleaning. But make sure to visit your orthodontist and dentist regularly while in treatment, to get the deep, thorough cleaning that only a professional can provide.
We hope this helps, and remember to give Dr. Milestone a call at our Essex County office if you have any questions, concerns or would like to schedule an appointment. Contact Milestone Orthodontics today!
Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in braces. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in West Orange, NJ, Union NJ, Verona NJ, Nutley NJ, Essex County, NJ, or the 07052 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Milestone contact Milestone Orthodontics at: 973-325-1777
Dr. Milestone and the professionals at Milestone Orthodontics know that Invisalign clear aligners in the Ridgewood, NJ area are an effective and convenient alternative to traditional metal braces. They have the knowledge and experience to answer their patient’s questions about Invisalign, including if treatment with Invisalign is an option for them.
Invisalign clear aligners are indicated in the treatment of:
- Gapped Teeth: Gapped teeth can occur because of abnormal growth in the jawbone or when existing teeth spread and move to fill the space where a tooth or teeth are missing. Invisalign clear aligners are an effective treatment for positioning gapped teeth into a more functional and attractive position within the mouth.
- Overbite: An overbite (or medically, an “overjet”) is when the upper row of teeth extends out an angle and lie in front of the lower row of teeth when the patient’s mouth is closed. An overbite can cause pain in the jaw or even gum disease. Treatment with Invisalign can correct the overbite and position the teeth more naturally.
- Underbite: Underbites are the opposite of overbites. Underbites occur when the upper row of teeth bites behind the lower row of teeth. Usually, underbites are caused by an overgrown lower jaw or an underdeveloped upper jaw. Invisalign effectively corrects this misalignment.
- Open Bite: Open bites occur when the upper row of teeth and the lower row of teeth do not meet in the middle of your smile. This can be caused by a misaligned or abnormal jaw or by thumb sucking. In most patients with an open bite, there is an impairment, and possible pain, with eating and speech. With Invisalign, there is often less pain during treatment compared to other orthodontic treatment options.
- Overcrowded: When all the teeth cannot fit into the mouth in correct position. While not typically painful, overcrowded teeth can lead to an accumulation of food, plaque, and tartar, which may lead to tooth decay or gum disease.
- Crossbite: Crossbite occurs when both the upper and the lower rows of teeth are misaligned in relation to each other. Crossbite can cause abnormal wear on the teeth and lead to bone loss or gum disease.
Invisalign clear aligners can treat many patients with unique orthodontic problems from overbites or underbites to overcrowded teeth. Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics are experts in orthodontic treatment with Invisalign in the Ridgewood, NJ area. For more information or to make an appointment for a consultation, contact Milestone Orthodontics today at: 201.845.8411
One of the main concerns of many patients of Passaic, NJ orthodontist, Dr. Milestone, is how to avoid having bad breath while wearing braces. The staff at Milestone Orthodontics stresses the importance of how good oral hygiene practices are an important part of your orthodontic treatment. However, braces can make brushing more difficult because food particles can stick to the brackets, wires make it hard to floss in between the teeth, and plaque can build up on the surface of the teeth. Keeping your teeth healthy and clean during your course of orthodontic treatment will help them settle into their new positions faster and easier.
Brushing Your Teeth
This is a major part of good oral hygiene and keeping bad breath at bay. To effectively clean your teeth, mouth, and braces, first rinse your mouth out with water to dislodge any food in and around the braces. Dr. Milestone says that when you then start brushing, use a fluoride toothpaste and brush the gumline at a 45-degree angle. Then, angle the brush downwards and cover the tops of each bracket, and angle it up to brush the bottoms of the brackets. Be sure to brush every tooth at the gumline, as well as above and below the brackets, and the tops and backs of the teeth. This will ensure that you’ve reached the maximum area of your teeth’s surfaces and will remove any plaque or food remnants. Milestone Orthodontics recommends that even if your child has been brushing on their own, they may need help with brushing until they’re comfortable with this new routine.
Flossing Your Teeth
Another good oral hygiene habit is flossing your teeth. The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) avers that flossing is just as critical to good oral hygiene as brushing. Although the archwire running through your brackets makes this difficult, there are several methods that will help you. Dr. Milestone says that one popular tool used for flossing is a floss pick. These are two-pronged and are small enough to fit under the wires to hold a section of floss between them. The opposite end has a pick that is useful to clean brackets or between teeth. Floss picks are available for both children and adults, and can be either reusable or single-use. Another tool commonly used is a floss threader; a thin piece of plastic with a loop at the end to hold the floss.
Use a Fluoride Rinse
Another step that you can take, is to use a fluoride rinse that will clean out any remaining food particles and will also help to prevent bad breath. Swish the solution around in your mouth for thirty seconds and then spit it out into the sink. Try to refrain from eating for thirty minutes after rinsing just to make sure that your teeth remain clean.
By following Dr. Milestone’s tips, you will be able to maintain good oral hygiene and possibly speed up your treatment time. If you have any questions, give the Milestone Orthodontics team a call at 201.845.8411. They all have the knowledge to help you take care of your teeth and braces. If you’re looking for an experienced orthodontic team that will take every step to make sure that your treatment experience with braces in the Passaic, NJ area is as comfortable as possible, then contact Milestone Orthodontics today!
Everyone wants to have a picture-perfect smile. The problem is knowing if and when you need to go to an orthodontist to help you achieve your goal. Orthodontic treatment may be considered an adolescent endeavor best undertaken early in life, but that is more of a perception than it is a reality. More than 20 percent of people in America being treated for orthodontic issues are actually adults. Dr. Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics near Caldwell, NJ treat their adult patients successfully with a variety of adult braces treatment approaches.
Orthodontic treatments not only improve your smile cosmetically, it also improves your overall dental health. Many people don’t realize this or they think orthodontics is simply for cosmetic purposes. Adult braces treatments with Dr. Milestone can improve your oral health and brighten your smile.
Do I need to see an orthodontist?
To help you get straight teeth and a healthy mouth, here are some tips from Dr. Milestone for knowing if and when you need an orthodontist near Caldwell, NJ.
One indicator that you need adult braces is if you have a “malocclusion”, or something is affecting the alignment of your teeth. Orthodontists specialize in the alignment of teeth, and you need one if you want to straighten your teeth. Misalignment of teeth can come in many shapes and forms including gaping teeth, misaligned jaws, overcrowding, and more. Other than your teeth not being “ready for their close-up,” these issues could also be causing more serious health problems. Misaligned teeth affect your overall oral hygiene and health by making regular brushing and flossing more difficult. They also may be causing tooth decay or gum disease.
Another indicator that you might need adult braces is if you are experiencing pain in your mouth. Many times, painful orthodontic issues can be fixed by your orthodontist by using traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners, a retainer, or some other orthodontic technique. If you are an orthodontic patient, or if you are a candidate for treatment, and you are experiencing pain of any degree, Dr. Milestone says that you should see an orthodontist as soon as possible so the problem can be addressed and your pain can be relieved.
Listen to Your Dentist
If your dentist suggests you consult an orthodontist, take his or her advice. Dentists are usually the first ones to spot any problem areas in or around your teeth and mouth. While a dentist may notice these issues first, an orthodontist is needed to treat and correct the problem. Orthodontists are specialists in the alignment of teeth and are qualified more to fix any misalignment issues than dentists are.
Schedule an Assessment
Say you just want to check out how healthy your teeth and mouth are. It is never too soon or too late to schedule your first visit with Dr. Milestone and assess how your teeth are growing in or have grown in, if orthodontics is something to consider now or in the future, or if any other serious orthodontic problems might benefit from an early intervention.
Whether you are considering cosmetic orthodontics, or if you are looking into orthodontic treatment with adult braces near Caldwell, NJ for better oral health, Dr. Milestone will improve and correct your smile at Milestone Orthodontics. To find out if you are a candidate for orthodontic treatment, to ask any questions, or to contact Milestone Orthodontics near Caldwell, NJ, call: 973.325.1777
Most of us are not born with that red-carpet-ready celebrity smile. In fact, most well-known celebrities are not born with their red-carpet smiles either. However, that fantastic smile is now within reach near Nutley, NJ with the help of Dr. Matthew Milestone and the team at Milestone Orthodontics.
Invisalign clear aligners
Adults are often reluctant to wear braces as a method of orthodontic treatment. Dr. Milestone can prescribe treatment with Invisalign clear aligners. Invisalign is virtually invisible, are removable by the wearer, and causes less irritation for the wearer than traditional methods for straightening teeth.
What can Invisalign do for me?
Invisalign is the clear alternative to braces that can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted. The Invisalign treatment option is available for anyone who is a candidate for traditional braces and can be used to treat all types of orthodontic issues. However, before you decide on a treatment plan with Invisalign, it is important to contact an orthodontist near Nutley, NJ and ask their team these important questions:
1. Are you certified by Invisalign?
2. How long have you been using Invisalign to treat your patients?
3. Do you prefer to use Invisalign or braces in my or my child’s case?
4. Do you use the latest advancements in technology (like Invisalign) to obtain the best results?
5. Do you have before-and-after pictures of your patients who have used Invisalign?
The Invisalign system, using a 3D computer imaging system, creates precise scans of your bite. The Milestone Orthodontics team will then use those scans to design your personal Invisalign aligners for each step as your treatment progresses.
Invisalign versus Braces.
Dr. Milestone has extensive experience using Invisalign clear aligners to straighten patient's teeth, and the team at Milestone Orthodontics find that treatment with Invisalign is typically as effective as regular braces. There are differences between treatment with braces and treatment with Invisalign, and each has their unique benefits.
• Invisalign clear aligners are comfortable to wear and nearly invisible.
• Braces are indicated most often for the most serious orthodontic issues.
• Invisalign clear aligners are removable for easier eating and cleaning.
• Braces cannot be removed, and thereby lost, by the wearer.
The team at Milestone Orthodontics can help you get started using Invisalign today. They have all the information you’re looking for to determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option for you or your child. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about Dr. Milestone and the team, call us today at: (201) 845-8411.